Saturday 14 May 2011

Day after HCG... Revised post

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments yesterday. At a time when I've only told 2 'real-life' people (my best friend here in Shanghai and Dr F), it's so nice to be able to share my joy with all of you.


Revised post:  I'm removing my HPT picture because I've been reminded how hard seeing them can be on others. Thanks again for your comments xx

A couple of people suggested, very sensibly, that I could go to another hospital and get a beta blood test mid week. This is definitely possible.. I could go back to my expat-type hospital and get a test there, but I don't think I'm going to. Why? Well, I'm trying to start as I mean to go on and take a relaxed, positive approach to this pregnancy. I had a freak out on Thursday (before even knowing I had a BFP) about all the things that could possibly go wrong and I know I can't spend the next (hopefully) 9 months like that. So maybe I should practice regaining my zen and wait... 

Today I'm feeling fine. I couldn't get to sleep last night and woke up early this morning. But how amazing to wake up and have that happy realisation that I'm pregnant :) Of course, those happy thoughts were then followed by an anxious check for potential symptoms! I'm still having problems with my digestion but the Dr didn't think it was connected to the pregnancy. So now I'm focusing on getting rid of this bug or whatever it is, so I can be sure any nauseous feelings are the reassuring symptom I'd like them to be!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! that's a nice line you have on that pee stick! I'm jealous, but I am SOOOOO incredibly happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pee line...well done, lassie!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a FABULOUSLY dark line!!! And who wouldn't want to see that? You are so wonderful...and I am so happy that you have your BFP. :) Congratulations, again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lines look like two!!! Yayayay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again... you have such a great attitude about starting this pregnancy as you mean to go on :) It's a hard road but you're so right... obsessing every step of the way is exhausting and you're much better off relaxing. Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete